This is a comprehensive collection of 24 practical datalogging activities for ages 14-18, supported by detailed teacher's notes. Including both traditional and modern investigations, these activities provide reliable data from which patterns and trends can be explored.
This eBook, supplied on CD-ROM, contains:
- The full eBook (PDF) of all the experiment worksheets and teachers notes.
- Every worksheet and teacher note as a separate PDF
- Setup files to match these experiments are included in the Free EasySense software.
- Inverse square law
- Polarisation of light
- Young’s interference experiments
- Gas laws
- Standing waves in sound
- Superposition of waves
The activities include:
- How does the intensity of light change with the distance from the light?
- Polarised sunglasses
- Investigating interference: Single slit diffraction
- Investigating interference: Young's double slit experiment
- Infrared in the spectrum
- An experimental estimation of Planck's constant
- Fast light
- The big squeeze
- How does pressure change with height?
- How does pressure change with depth and density?
- Pressure and heat
- What happens to the temperature of a gas if the pressure is changed?
- Boyle's Law (P+V)
- Temperature volume relationship in a gas
- Pressure temperature relationship of a gas – estimating absolute zero
- Dalton's law of partial pressures
- Determination of R. the gas constant
- Speed of sound in air (time difference between two sensors)
- Speed of sound in a solid (by time difference between two sensors)
- Speed of sound in air (by reflection/echo)
- Speed of sound in air (by timing)
- Investigating waves and sounds
- Investigating sounds. How does a musical instrument affect the sound made?
- Investigating waves. Superposition and Fourier analysis
- Interference in sound waves (using snapshot)
- Interference in sound waves (using a Motion sensor)
- Investigating resonance in a pipe
- Investigating resonance in a pipe (using a Rotary Motion sensor)
- Voice recognition (Biometrics)
Sensors used include:
- Light Level (3124)
- Gas Pressure (3139 and 3141, 3142)
- Voltage (3160 or 3160-12)
- Current (3166)
- Sound Level (3175)
- Motion (3270)
- Infrared (3278)
- Rotary Motion (3280)
- Rotary Motion Accessories (3288)
No resources available for this product.